Today brings us a new moon. Nature’s way of giving us a fresh start every month. This is the beginning of the moon’s cycle and can be used as an opportunity for us to use nature’s energy to our benefit.
This is a great time to think about what we would like to manifest in our lives and set clear intentions about what we want. This is a way of going with the flow instead of swimming upstream.
So what do you want? Sometimes we don’t even really know. This is the perfect time to get clear and specific about what it is your heart desires. I like to do a little ceremony every month as a way of honoring the cycles of nature and nurturing the things I want for my life. It’s also a nice way of just having some time to myself.
This doesn’t have to be some big sweeping gesture. It should be whatever feels good to you.
New Moon Ceremony
1. Clear the space you will be using with sage or insence.
2. Light a candle as a way to represent you are initiating a ceremony.
3. Center yourself by either doing a few minutes of meditation, or even just having a cup of tea and enjoying this moment. You can even play some music that is inspiring to you.
4. Write down everything you want. Be specific. It doesn’t matter how big or how small it is, write it all down. At the top or bottom of the page I always write, “I allow these things into my life now or something better for my highest good and for the highest good of all concerned”.
5. Re-read your list to yourself and try to feel what it would be like to really have these things in your life. Be happy.
6. Close your ceremony by giving thanks and blowing out the candle.
7. Keep your piece of paper somewhere safe. You don’t need to look at it the rest of the month.
8. At the next new moon, you will pull out your list. Did anything come to fruition? Are you closer than you were before? Maybe you realized that you didn’t actually want some of those things on the list, or that some things need modifying. When you do your ceremony the following month, re-write your whole list with any modifications. You want to start fresh every time. You don’t need to re-write anything that has been fulfilled.
Do this for a few months and just see what happens…
Happy New Moon!!
If you want to check the cycles of the moon, there is a great App for the iPhone called Moon Phase. There are a lot of places online to check the dates of the new and full moons. I have found Light Weaver to be a particularly good one.